Wednesday, November 5, 2014

You can't have a relationship without any arguments

We had a few arguments. We didn't typically argue, which was fine...I didn't want a dramatic, tumultuous relationship anyway.

However, it does say something when you argue, and nothing gets fixed.

I always initiated the conversation when I had concerns. He never did. Even when he agreed with me that there was a problem, he only said something AFTER I brought it up.

He acted like a child. He always wanted things to be his way, or he would give in...or rather give up. Like he would let me have the last word, but he didn't agree to work on the problem with me. It wasn't healthy. There were hardly ever any resolutions to our arguments, we just waited it out for the emotions to die down and then continued about our daily lives until it comes up again. Granted, some things don't have a simple solution, and you have to revisit those things later. However, nothing ever felt resolved.

I guess it would have ended anyway even without the cheating, especially if he was unwilling to change, unwilling to go to couples therapy or something like that.

You can't have a relationship without honesty and communication, and sometimes, arguments are a part of that.

Ironically, he has told me on several occasions that we had a healthy relationship. No, in retrospect, it wasn't that healthy.

1 comment:

  1. You have such an interesting blog. Thanks for sharing, I enjoyed reading your posts. All the best for your future blogging journey.

    ReplyDelete